PhD Thesis Proposal Award
Deadline: May 30, 2017
The International Family Enterprise Research Academy (IFERA) is dedicated to facilitating and promoting the advancement of family business research by encouraging sound, scholarly, and rigorous research practices derived from all accepted methods of inquiry and philosophical traditions. The IFERA PhD Thesis Proposal initiative aims to acknowledge and honor the next generation of family business scholars whose research is deemed to hold significant promise to increase extant knowledge in the broad area of family business.
2000 € award sponsored by IFERA.
WHO MAY APPLY?
- PhD students undertaking research in an accredited academic institution.
PROPOSAL SUBMISSION PROCESS
Before the deadline of May 30, 2017, go to https://www.softconf.com/h/ifera2017 to complete the submission process.
Please make sure that you have the following ready because they are required before you can complete the submission process:
1. Title (also preliminary) of the PhD Thesis
2. Abstract (200 words limit) – Type or Cut and paste in the textbox on the submission page
3. A detailed summary– Upload a file in Word or PDF format
- This summary should outline the following key aspects: research objectives, leading research question(s), outline of theory driving the research or shown to be potentially developed, relevant literature review, study justification.
- Lenght: 3'000 words (+/- 10%) double-spaced in 12 points font (note that title page, abstract, figures, tables, and references are not counted for page limit purposes).
4. Letter of recommendation from your primary Ph.D. supervisor.
5. Curriculum Vitae - Upload a file
- Only online submissions will be accepted at https://www.softconf.com/h/ifera2017
- No email or hard copies will be accepted.
The applicants are requested to present the PhD Thesis Proposal during the conference to a panel of scholars that will evaluate the idea and provide developmental feedbacks. The format for the presentation will be communicated to the applicants after the deadline.
Proposals will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Quality of research question(s)
- Adherence to the best practices of the research philosophy and tradition employed
- Potential significance, impact, and contributions of findings on the family business field